Monday, July 21, 2008

rock of ages

ROCK N ROLL & DEMONS & STUFF! I've only seen one of these , but apparently "rockers possessed by demons or into satanic rituals or just plain evil" was at one point a truly booming genre. My introduction to this genre (in depth) started last summer when I watched a little movie called 'Shock em Dead' starring Traci Lords and some dude. A 'nerd' named Angel who makes his living delivering pizza tries out for a band and is laughed out of the room. Naturally, he turns to the creepy neighborhood voodoo lady and sells his soul to the 'demonic world' so he can be a MAJORLY HOT ROCK STAR. Anyway, it's low budget and pretty terrible so of course I love it. It was only recently I discovered how many OTHER movies there are about rock n roll demons. Maybe I should start making trailer/movie clip playlists. Coming up next: WHEN PUPPETS & DOLLS ATTACK!















xo







No comments: