Wednesday, August 13, 2008

it makes me shiver

A couple years ago I found a record called 'Breaking Glass' by Hazel O'Connor.



I had originally heard the song WILL YOU? on some New Wave compilation, and considering it features one of the best sax solos I've ever heard, HAD to get my hands on the record. This is an exaggeration, as I'm not sure that the sax solo is actually GOOD, but I've measured it the only way I know how -- NUMBER OF GOOSEBUMPS.

Anyway, it turns out it's a soundtrack to this movie, which looks pretty AWESOME:




This looks sort of similar to Ladies & Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains, another movie that is not available on DVD. How come I don't have this power? Anyway, here is a full video of the song with the amazing sax.



I am still working on perfecting my playlist featuring the most perfect pop songs with saxophone solos, and this song is DEFINITELY on there.

xo

2 comments:

GOODNIGHT WHATEVER YOU ARE! said...

Love this movie!
also love the stairway to stardom stuff you put up, i have that on dvd if you need more!
great blog!

kmw said...

you have stairway to stardom on dvd?! I DEFINITELY NEED MORE. yess thank you for your blog too, I have discovered some real gems thanks to you. lately I was pretty blown away by "they who creep at night" by hand of doom!